Confirmation of booking by deposit confirms I have read and accepted these terms and conditions of Balmain Cat Boarding
“BCB” = Balmain Cat Boarding
“BVH” = Balmain Veterinary Hospital
“My cat” = a cat or cats that I own and am financially responsible for, and make all decisions regarding their health
“Carer” = person that I have authorised to make decisions on my behalf
1. BCB does not accommodate unvaccinated cats and the minimum requirement is an F3 vaccination. I must supply proof of up-to-date vaccination status prior to check-in. There will be an administration fee if staff are required to source a valid vaccination certificate.
2. BCB reserves the right to refuse admission to my cat showing if its showing signs of illness or infectious disease upon check-in, regardless of vaccination status.
3. BCB does not accommodate kittens under 16 weeks of age. All cats and kittens must have received a full primary course of vaccinations.
4. BCB will only accommodate desexed cats. The exception are kittens aged between 4-6 months.
5. My cat must be up to date with flea treatment. My cat will also be given a compulsory flea adulticide treatment (CapstarTM) upon arrival as part of BCB’s commitment to maintaining a hygienic, flea-free environment. BCB will make all reasonable attempts to contact me if they find my cat requires further flea
or worming treatment. If they cannot establish contact with me, they reserve the right to apply such treatment, at an additional cost, which must be settled upon check-out. Any cat showing signs of flea infestation may be held in isolation until deemed fit to transfer back to the cat hotel.
6. If my cat falls ill or is injured during its stay, I authorise any urgent veterinary treatment deemed necessary to be carried out by BVH. A Veterinarian will make every effort to contact me and/or the carer to advise of my cat's situation, what measures need to be taken and an indicative estimate of the costs required. In the event I (or the carer) cannot be contacted, I authorise BCB/BVH to proceed with all necessary treatments and investigations and will pay all veterinary costs in full upon check-out. In addition, I am aware that if my cat falls ill during its stay, it may be relocated to isolation or the hospital until it is deemed medically fit to return to boarding.
7. In the event that I, or the carer, cannot be contacted, and my cat suffers an illness that requires 24-hour care, I give permission for BCB/BVH to stabilise my cat and then transport to a 24-hr care facility. I authorise BCB/BVH to permit basic life preserving care at the 24-hour facility. I agree to pay BCB/BVH for their medical care and transport, and I also agree to pay the 24-hr facility for the costs incurred in treating my cat.
8. Where my cats are requested to be housed together, they may be separated if the arrangement is causing undue stress for one or both cats, or if they begin to fight and are at risk of causing injury to each other. Additional accommodation and/or veterinary costs will apply in this situation. We will endeavour to make contact with you to discuss. BCB will not be held responsible for any fight-related injuries sustained during a boarding period in a multi-cat household where it has been requested that they be housed or spend time together.
9. Whilst BCB takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of my cat during its stay, unforeseen accidents may occur during playtime, especially if my cat is particularly active. Additionally, my cat may become unwell for some reason during its stay and this may be out of the control of BCB or not reasonably prevented.
10. The ability to perform complimentary veterinary health checks or additional services requested is dependent on my cat’s behaviour, and may not be carried out if deemed too stressful for my cat or unsafe for the staff.
11. On occasions, my cat may not receive a complimentary health check. Circumstances such as if my cat regularly boards, if the stay is less than 48 hours, if my cat shows signs of aggression or, on the rare occasion, vets are unable to do so due to unforeseen circumstances.
12. If my cat is outwardly aggressive or extremely stressed, the staff will work with me to find the best solution for the future. This may include recommending alternative accommodation if the option of the hotel environment is not suitable for my cat.
13. In the unfortunate circumstance that my cat dies during its stay, BCB will hold my cat’s body in appropriate storage conditions until contact can be established with me to seek my wishes with regards to the body.
14. My cat’s image may be used on social media (the name of the cat may be used but personal details are strictly confidential and are never publicly disclosed). I will advise BCB on check-in if I do not give consent.
15. In the event my cat is not picked up within 2 weeks of the expected check-out date, and in the absence of being able to establish contact with myself, the owner, my cat will be considered abandoned. In this event, my cat will either be surrendered to the pound or will be re-homed. All costs involved in this process will
be recovered from me via appropriate channels.
16. My cat’s microchip registration must be up to date on the NSW Pet Registry. This is to protect my cat in the unlikely event of escape from our premises during its stay.
17. Cats that require more than one medication to be administered will be charged a daily administration fee. The maximum daily surcharge is $10.00 for medication administration (excluding diabetics and chemotherapy treatments).
18. There will be an administration fee if staff are required to source a medical history from another Veterinary practice.
19. Cats that are diabetic will incur a $10.00 daily surcharge. Cats on oral chemotherapy treatment will incur a $10.00 surcharge on the days of chemotherapy administration. If these cats are receiving additional medications, further charges may apply.
20. Cats with any history of illness that are not patients of BVH must have their medical history emailed to BCB prior to admission. Failure to do so may result in refusal of admission. Permission to request my cat’s medical records from other Veterinary Hospitals in the event there is a query on a medication must be granted.
21. All medications must be supplied with clear and correct labelling. Medications that require refrigeration must be clearly marked as such.
22. Adequate amounts of medication must be supplied for cats that are not patients of BVH. Repeat prescriptions not originally prescribed by BVH cannot be dispensed without written permission from my prescribing Veterinary Surgeon. This is a legal requirement.
23. An administration fee will apply if staff of BCB or BVH are required to source a prescription or other medical information from another Veterinary practice.
24. Personal belongings are left at my own risk and BCB is not responsible for any damaged or lost items. Items are to be clearly labelled, or staff may need to identify by other means, such as the use of a permanent marker, if deemed necessary.
25. BCB provides a range of Hill's Science DietTM wet and dry food for all life stages (kitten, adult, mature) and a small selection of Prescription diets, as part of my cat/s accommodation cost. Fine Dining Menu items and other speciality diets are not part of my cat/s stay but may be purchased.
26. Other diets (including Prescription diets) are to be provided by me in enough quantities to last the duration of my cat’s stay. I accept I may incur further costs if the food runs out.
27. BCB does NOT feed raw chicken or raw chicken products. If I provide a raw diet, it is to be transported to BCB in a cooler bag. Raw food considered spoilt will not be fed to my cat.
28. Any cat fed a raw diet is at a higher risk of bacterial poisoning than cats fed a processed diet. If my cat is showing signs of potential bacterial poisoning, he/she may be isolated from the other hotel guests and not allowed in common areas. If my cat is being fed a raw diet, I will be required to worm my cat every 3
months regardless of if they are strictly indoor or outdoor. BCB staff reserve the right to administer a worming tablet (at my cost) to my cat, if evidence of intestinal worms are found during its stay.
29. Charges are generated in HALF DAY blocks as a PER OPERATIONAL DAY basis with the mid-point of an operational day defined as 1:00pm, seven days per week.
30. Check-ins before 1:00pm and check-outs after 1:00pm will incur a FULL DAY charge. Check-outs PRIOR to 9am do not incur an additional charge on the day of check-out.
31. Check-ins and check-outs must occur between 7:30am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am - 4:00pm on Saturdays. There are no check-ins and check-outs on Sundays or public holidays.
32. Date changes may be made prior to check-in, provided BCB can accommodate the new dates. Any price reduction to the total deposit paid will be credited to my account for 12 months, to be used for future boarding stays. Any extra days can be settled at check-out.
33. Refunds will not be issued if I collect my cat earlier than the expected check-out date.
34. A public holiday surcharge of 15% will be applied to public holiday days only.
35. Exceptions to the cancellation policy include serious illness or hospitalisation of the cat, client illness or hospitalisation, natural disasters or the death of the cat or owner.
36. Waiving of any cancellation fees, or other penalties are at the discretion of management.
37. BCB/BVH do not run accounts and I agree to settle all costs incurred, in full, upon check-out.
38. BCB/BVH do not accept personal or bank cheques.
39. All fees are subject to change without notice.
40. A 100% deposit is required to secure my booking, with any additional services or fees to be paid on check- out.
41. The deposit is fully refundable if cancellation occurs prior to 48 hours of the check-in date.
42. The deposit is non-refundable if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the check-in date. Peak Period Boarding Policy (Public Holidays and NSW School Holidays):
43. A 100% deposit is required to secure my booking, with any additional services or fees to be paid on check-
44. The deposit is fully refundable if cancellation occurs prior to two weeks of the check-in date.
45. The deposit will be refunded by 50% if cancellation occurs within two weeks of the check-in date (up to 48 hours before).
46. The deposit is 100% non-refundable if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the check-in date.
47. A 100% deposit is required to secure my booking, with any additional services or fees to be paid on check-
48. The deposit is fully refundable if cancellation occurs prior to two months of the check-in date.
49. The deposit will be refunded by 50% if cancellation occurs within two months of the check-in date (up to 48 hours before).
50. The deposit is 100% non-refundable if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the check-in date.
51. A minimum booking period applies to all Easter and Christmas holiday bookings.
52. Online bookings are subject to the same cancellation policies as bookings made via other means. If my cancellation entitles me to a refund as per operational policies, my refund will be subjected to a cancellation fee of 30 cents + 2% of the booking cost, due to third party expenses. Refunds will be issued via BVH over the phone or via bank transfer, not via the online booking system.